Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back at work

It does seem to be taking longer to bounce back each time. Still - hopefully only 2 more to go! I have had a really unpleasant cold this weekend, and am still croaky. Almost lost my voice completely on Sunday.

David rotavated the veg patch on Saturday, and I managed to rake over about 1/5 on sunday. It is exciting to see all that bare soil and I am itching to plant. Bought pumpkin seeds and sweetcorn yesterday with F. We will have lots of peas. We have been eating our own winter salad and my mixed salad leaves in pots are coming through. I would be so bereft if we had to give up the veg patch! I get much more excited about vegetables than flowers. We need to sort out the strawberry patch too. I put in 2 gooseberry bushes and some rhubarb, and the raspberry canes are looking good.

Aus took the kids swimming on Saturday so I could rest. Poor me with my sore throat and snotty nose. He ended up with S, F and Joanna and stayed there for ages - they were in the water about 1 1/2 hours - came back knackered. F had his swimming lesson yesterday and he's getting really good, though he does like to stay under. If he came up and breathed a bit more regularly he'd be swimming across the pool.

Mum and Dad took him last Monday, so I didn't get to see him. I slept. (So tired - I could sleep anywhere, anytime, anyhow). Mum came back and saw me without my hat. I knew it would upset her. Said she cried afterwards - "What have they done to my little girl?". I suppose I am her little girl.

1 comment:

Ed Mahony said...

It must be great having your own veg patch and growing your own veg (dream of doing this). Especially in this age with pesticides and food prices shooting up. I bet you could save yourself a lot of money.