Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New treatment

Well, went along last Thursday and it's shrunk a bit but not as much as they'd hoped, so they changed my chemo to taxotere ( I think. You would think I would know, wouldn't you?). I had to be predosed with steroids because it can cause reactions ("What sort of reaction?" "Well, like an anaphylactic reaction, really") so it all took quite a long time. Didn't feel so sick but am sooooooo tired. It's Wednesday now and I still feel knocked out and everything still tastes horrible. I bought some lemonade today, which is actually drinkable, and some ginger tea, which is just about drinkable. Wanted some Yogi Tea really, but Sainsbury's only had the liquorice and that sounded a bit scary.

A is going great guns with the tree house and has dug out a couple of beds and I just loll around like something out of a Victorian novel and could quite happily spend the day in bed, except that when I'm there I don't really fell comfortable. Whinge whinge whinge.

Poor little S has a sore neck. She's really having a bad time at the moment. Stressed. F made me a card at nursery yesterday "to make you feel better."

S did a scrap book page for Great Granny. "She was kind and helped me and I loved her". If she gets a cat she says she's going to call it Phyllis May Rawlinson. I suspect by the time she does get a cat she will have reverted to Princess Snow Crystal or Sugar Sweet Pearl....

So I'm just struggling on. I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. My finger tips feel a bit numb, which I think is a side effect and my skin is so dry. Never used so much handcream.

This is just a big grumble, isn't it? I'm sorry. I don't feel very upbeat. The sun is shining and i should be out there revelling in it, but I just want to flop. It did start out misty, so I should be very grateful.

No comments: